- At Lytton (The Port of Brisbane), board the licensed luxury sea ferry. The 3 level Catamaran which is worth over 10 million dollars is the largest on Moreton Bay it allows for great photo's, has bakery, coffee shop and bar on board.
- With views of the Boondall Wetlands Nature reserve and Nudgee Beach. Cruise the Brisbane River past Moreton Bay Islands across Moreton Bay Marine Park. Spot dolphins, fish, sometimes whales, dugong and turtles.
- Arrive at Moreton Island's famous west coast shipwrecks. (Tangalooma). Land on the west coast of Moreton Island, board the 4WD vehicle and drive off the ferry directly onto the Sandy Beach the world's second largest sand island.
- Travel with your guide by 4WD to the desert, pass beautiful wildflowers and bird life to remote sand hills. Here your guide will take you, with equipment, to sand board the sand hills at speed, or try a gentle slope (speeds up to 65kms an hour). This area is great for walks, hikes and photography.
- After this adventure, 4WD across Moreton Island National Park - past the highest sand hill in the world "Mount Tempest" before arriving on the eastern surf beach of Moreton Island - beach highway for the day. Enjoy the 10 km beach drive - spotting sea eagle, hawks, pelicans and oyster catchers with your local guide giving stories both old and new.
- Arrive at Blue Lagoon, a short coastal forest walk to the sand filtered fresh waters (window lake). Relax, swim, photo, snorkel. Fresh picnic lunch in nature's paradise overlooking golden beach.
- Drive to aboriginal midden site and ancient fish trap and on to wild Cape Moreton Lighthouse and breathtaking views to Flinder's Reef. Great land based whale watching, dolphins, turtles and more.
- Explore Honeymoon Bay Beach and swim the Champagne Pools. 'Yellow Patch' and photograph the rock pools and headland.
- Travel to Tangalooma Shipwrecks for beach walk, photos and afternoon sunset, before returning to Brisbane by sea ferry. (Tides and conditions may limit itinerary)
- Return ferry
- Brisbane transfers
- Picnic lunch
- All gear on the island
- Moreton Island is an adventure destination. Travel is via a 4WD Bus and roads can very rough at times of the year.
- Duration: 1 Day.
- Departure Days: Daily except 25/26 DEC and 01 JAN
- Departure Point: Bus Stop 125, Roma Street (out front of the Brisbane Transit Centre)
- Pickup: - Bus Stop 125 Roma Street - 7.00am
BUNK Backpackers Gipps Street - 7.15am
Shafston College Thorn Street - 7.20am
MICAT ferry 14 Howard Smith Drive - 8.00am
- Dropoff: - Bus Stop 125 Roma Street - 6.00pm
BUNK Backpackers Gipps Street - 5.45pm
Shafston College Thorn Street - 5.40pm
MICAT ferry 14 Howard Smith Drive - 5.00pm
- Meals: Picnic lunch.
- Child: 0-4 years inclusive - not catered for
- Child: 5-14 years inclusive - child rates apply
- No cancellations and refunds even for a no-show.
- Voucher will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
- Voucher valid till 31 MAR 19
Daily except 25, 26 DEC and 01 JAN
What to Bring:
- Swimming gear
- Insect repellent
- Bottle of water
Sorry there was a problem in submitting your quote request. Use our contact us
form to submit your enquiry.
Voucher will be emailed within 24 hours