Located 24km south-east of Winton, join Australian Age of Dinosaurs which sits atop an ancient mesa with spectacular views of the channel country below. Visitors are guided through the largest preparation Laboratory in the Southern Hemisphere and in the process, touch real dinosaur fossils. Then in the Collection Room they will watch as priceless dinosaur fossils (completely new to science) are brought back to life in a movie presentation before boarding the Noble Express shuttle to Dinosaur Canyon. Led by a passionate Museum Tour Guide visitors will explore the outdoor exhibits of Dinosaur Canyon, seeing life-sized bronze dinosaurs, flying reptiles and the Cretaceous Garden exhibit.
NOV-MAR: Monday-Saturday except 24DEC19-27DEC19, 31DEC19-01JAN20.
Reception Centre - Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum
Every hour from 09.00am.
- Not included.
- The Laboratory, Collection Room and Dinosaur Canyon.
- Guided Tour including hearing the history of Winton's dinosaur discoveries and digs.
- Seeing staff and volunteers working on real dinosaur bones.
- Viewing their amazing dinosaur fossil collection.
- Expert Interpretation of the fascinating dinosaur geology of the Winton district.
- Walking amongst life-sized bronze Australian dinosaurs while enjoying spectacular views of Outback Queensland from the top of The Jump-Up.
- Each full tour takes 3 hours.
- 30 minutes at the Laboratory, 30 minutes break, 30 minutes at the Reception Centre and 1.5 hours at Dinosaur Canyon.
- All visitors to Dinosaur Canyon receive a Dinosaur Canyon visitor book and tracing pencils.
- Kids' visitor guide is also available for smaller explorers.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Water bottle.
- Hat and sunscreen.
Contact us with your enquiry for an obligation free quote.