~~ 01-Apr-2018 to 31-Mar-2020~~
Full Day Cradle Mt National Park Tour - ex Launceston
Take one of the many short walks through the ever-changing vegetation of the shores and mountainside to gain a full appreciation of the magic of this area. See amazing waterfalls, rainforest and visit Dove Lake with remarkable views of the Cradle Mountain. Enjoy spectacular walks including the Enchanted Forest to the the King Billy Pine Forests which are thousands of years old. Discover the distinctive flora which is endemic to this area of Tasmania and which produce magnificent displays of colour from gold to deep red. Visit the Waldheim Chalet, the forest home of Austrian born Gustav Weindorfer who pioneered the Cradle Mountain region in the early 1900's and has the vision to preserve the Park "for the people for all time". Opportunity to see the famous native wildlife such as Wombats, Potoroos and Wallabies. Travel through historical towns and visit Sheffield to view the stunning town murals. Visit Ashgrove Cheese Factory to sample some of Tasmania's finest cheeses.
01MAY-31AUG: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
01SEPT-30APR: Daily except 25DEC.
- National Park Entrance Fee.
- Lunch and beverages.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Wet weather jackets, warm clothing, beabie, gloves, fleece jacket.
~~ 01-Apr-2017 to 31-Mar-2020~~2 Day Cradle Mt National Park Tour - ex Launceston - (no accommodation):
- Depart Launceston from your accommodation and travel to Cradle Mountain National park on McDermott's fully guided day tour. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of the Great Western Tiers and the remarkable murals at Sheffield depicting the history of the Cradle Valley on the way. On arrival at Cradle Mountain you have the opportunity to visit Dove Lake with spectacular views of Cradle Mountain, see beautiful rainforests at Waldheim Chalet and enjoy the cascading waterfalls of the National Park. Mid-afternoon you will be transferred to your pre-arranged accommodation (not included - must be booked seperately) and have the opportunity to enjoy the unique wilderness surrounds and perhaps put plans in place to join the evening Night with the Animals Tour.
- Enjoy a free morning to re visit the Cradle Mountain National Park at your leisure utilising the services of the shuttle service from the Visitors Centre. Mid-afternoon you will be picked up from your accommodation and join a fully guided tour travelling back to Launceston arriving at approximately 5.30pm. ~~~~
~~ 01-Apr-2018 to 31-Mar-2019~~Valid for 01APR18-31MAR19: Sundays.~~~~
~~ 01-Apr-2019 to 31-Mar-2020~~Valid for 01APR19-31MAR20: Sundays 01MAY19 - 31AUG19 and Daily 01SEP19-30APR20.~~~~
2 Days / 1 Night.
~~ 01-Apr-2019 to 31-Mar-2020~~Valid for 01APR19-31MAR20: Lunch.~~~~
- Meals except mention.
- Cradle Mountain Parks on Day 2 or 3 of relative tours.
~~ 01-Apr-2018 to 31-Mar-2019~~Valid for 01APR18-31MAR19:
- Return Transfers from Launceston
- Guided Tour Cradle Mt. National Park Day 1
- Night Spotting or Star Gazing Tour Day 1
- 2 Day National Park Pass
- Transfers to and from Cradle Mountain Accommodation.~~~~
~~ 01-Apr-2019 to 31-Mar-2020~~Valid for 01APR19-31MAR20:
- Launceston Hotel Pick up.
- Fully guided tour to Cradle Mt on Day 1.
- Brief stop at Sheffield, Town of Murals.
- Entrance to Cradle Mountain National Park on Day 1 only.
- Dove Lake short walk.
- Panoramic views of Cradle Mountain and surrounding peaks.
- Visit Historic Sight of Waldheim Chalet & Weindorfer's Forest Walk.
- Coach Transfer to/from Cradle Mountain Accommodation throughout.
- Choice of Evening Tour: Night Spotting in the Park' or Star Gazing Tour' Day 1. (Star Gazing Tours operate in Summer Months only.)
- Day 2 Morning at your leisure to visit local attractions or partake in some short walks.
- Pick up and return transfer to Launceston with Guide.~~~~
What to Bring:
Contact us with your enquiry for an obligation free quote.